The Federation of Osteopaths of Spain (FOE) is a federation that seeks to bring together the Spanish associations of professionals of osteopathy whose members meet academic criteria specified by the European Federation of Osteopaths (EFO).
Our aims are:
- regular la profesión de osteópata
- promover la salud pública asegurando que los pacientes reciben un tratamiento osteopático de calidad y con total seguridad, conforme a los estándares marcados por la EFO,
- desarrollar y promover el conocimiento de la práctica osteopática en la sociedad.
- We represent the Associations members in front of the Spanish Government and internationally.
- We strengthen the bonds of unity and cooperation among the different associations that are part of the Federation.
- We represent, defend and promote the professional interests of the members of the different associations which are part of it.
- We ensure the patient’s safety supervising the correct practice of our professionals in the areas of their activity, compliance under the code of ethics of the profession.
- We encourage the promotion and development of the profession of osteopathy.
- We ensure the quality of the training of our professionals according to the training standards set by the EFO, encouraging supervision of recognized schools and a standardization of academic levels among these.
- We collaborate with healthcare institutions from Spain and Europe for the complete normalization of the practice of Osteopathic medicine.
We have two organs of government:
The General Meeting of associations, integrated by all those that are part of the Federation. It´s the supreme organ of the will of these.
The Board. It’s the permanent college with a direct management function.
The members of the Board are
The associations wishing to become a member must submit an application with a copy of its statutes and the registration in the Spanish Register of Associations. They must also submit a letter stating the willingness to federate and to comply with the statutes of the Federation.